Alice: How long is forever?
- Lewis Carrol (via deadmarionetta)
White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second.
Someday we’ll know why I wasn’t meant for you.
- The New Radicals, Someday We’ll Know (via loveyourchaos)
To be or not to be? Bitch I might be
- William Shakespeare (via ohmyitspie)
Sweetheart, I’ve been frightfully busy, but you know I have thought of you every minute.
- Scott Fitzgerald to Zelda Fitzgerald, March 1919 (via ryannxp)
There is a close link between insomnia and despair. The loss of hope comes with the loss of sleep. The difference between paradise and hell: you can always sleep in paradise, never in hell.
- E. M. Cioran, On the Heights of Despair, trans. Ilinca Zarifopol-Johnston
It’s like when someone says, ‘How are you?’ Do you say, ‘Well, my head hurts and I’m lonely and depressed and I’m worried about everything and the world is collapsing and full of evil’? Or do you say, ‘I’m fine’?
- Sara Shepard, The Visibles (via htaed)
A man wants to be a woman’s first love; a woman wants to be his last.
- Oscar Wilde (via tonyisbliss)
May God give me patience, because if he gives me strength, I swear I will murder everybody.
- Unknown (via sarkyfancypants)
I am yours.
- Rumi (via thesonata)
Don’t give myself back to me.
And he loves her. He loves her like he can never grab enough of her between his fingers. And no matter how close he gets, even when they make love, it never feels close enough.
- Iain S. Thomas, Intentional Dissonance (via biwwfy)
You’re in a car with a beautiful boy, and he won’t tell you that he loves you, but he loves you. And you feel like you’ve done something terrible, like robbed a liquor store, or swallowed pills, or shoveled yourself a grave in the dirt, and you’re tired. You’re in a car with a beautiful boy, and you’re trying not to tell him that you love him, and you’re trying to choke down the feeling, and you’re trembling, but he reaches over and he touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist, and you feel your heart taking root in your body, like you’ve discovered something you didn’t even have a name for.
- Richard Siken (via bokura)
They told me that to make her fall in love I had to make her laugh. But everytime she laughs I’m the one who falls in love.
- Tommaso Ferraris (via asaantiago)
You tried to change, didn’t you? Closed your mouth more, tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake…You can’t make homes out of human beings. Someone should have already told you that.
- Warsan Shire (via hwippedcream)